Multi-button mouse users of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your single-button Apple Pro Mouse.
Last week Apple ended two decades of producing single-button input devices when it released the multi-button Mighty Mouse. The new input device features a touch-sensitive button on the side, two buttons on the top front end, and a 360 degree scroll wheel which can scroll up and down, left and right, and diagonally.
Naturally, we couldn’t let such a momentous occasion pass without a Macworld Podcast. In this 15-minute installment, we walk you through the finer points of the Mighty Mouse and talk to Macworld.com News Editor Jim Dalrymple, who’s been using the Mighty Mouse for the past week and can tell you what to expect from this $49 input device.
Download Macworld Podcast #5 (3.4MB).
(If you click, the podcast may play in your Web browser. Ctrl-click and choose Download or Save to download the file instead.)
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast via iTunes 4.9 or later, simply click here.
Or point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at
If you want to catch up on past podcasts, you can find a complete archive at our Podcasting topic page. Besides the latest podcasts from Macworld, the page also offers tips on how to create and enhance your own podcasting efforts.
Want more or different podcasts? Let us know what you want to hear from Macworld in the attached forum thread, linked below. Or e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Apple Mighty Mouse: Get the specs on the input device directly from Apple’s product page.
• Mighty Mouse review: Senior Reviews Editor Jennifer Berger gave the Mighty Mouse a rating. Find out why in Macworld ’s review.
• Mighty Mouse is well in hand: Jason Snell shares his first impressions of the mouse in this Editors’ Notes Weblog entry.
• Input Device topic page: There’s more than one way to build a mouse. Find reviews and news about other input devices on our topic page.
• “Basic” by Epicte the Elemental: Want to hear more of his music? Need a DJ in the Washington, D.C. area? E-mail him here: email@example.com