Yes, the Mac is a tremendous productivity tool. Of course it’s a terrific device for organizing your life. And OK, it’s become the storehouse for much of our life’s work. It’s a serious hunk of hardware. We get that.
It can also be a monumental waste of time. And that is exactly what this week’s video is about—the Mac as entertaining time-waster. Got five-and-some-change minutes to kill? This is the video for you.
Download Macworld Video #52
- Format: MPEG-4/H.264
- Resolution: 320 x 240 (iPhone & iPod compatible)
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Length: 5 minutes, 14 seconds
Throughout the video I recommend some of my favorite time wasters. They include:
- iChaticon, a free tool by Michael E. Gaines.
- Macpoupou’s More iChat Effects (donation requested).
- Objectpark’s free FuzzyClock.
- Tasty Apps’ free and cute-as-a-bug Flappie.
- Samuel Stoddard’s The Dialectizer (free, cuz it’s the Web, after all).
- TelevisionTunes’ Name That Theme Song game (free too).
- And your-soon-to-be-favorite free Web mutating tool, Netdisaster.com.
To subscribe to the Macworld Video Podcast using iTunes 5 or later, click here.
You can also see a complete archive of all our videos on Macworld’s YouTube channel. Subscribe to that channels and you will be notified whenever we post a new video.
Or just point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader to: