iPhone apps round-up: Business apps
The iPhone continues to try and make its bones as a business tool, and a number of recent releases to the App Store look to aid in that effort.
Among these business-centric releases is PunchClock , the latest addition to the ranks of time-tracking apps for the iPhone and iPod touch. This offering from return7 lets you manage time for multiple clients, view and export reports in HTML and CSV, and filter reports based on client. The app currently sells for $1, which return7 bills as an introductory rate.
Amigle , a social networking app from the company of the same name promises to solve the problem of losing business cards and their valuable contact information. A free iPhone and iPod touch app that links to a Web-based service, Amigle promises to let you easily exchange and share profile info. What’s more, the app boasts that it can keep both personal and professional contacts up to date.
iSugarCRM is also a mobile version of an application—in this case the SugarCRM customer relationship management software. The free iPhone and second-generation iPod touch app from Pramati Technologies gives users quick access to SugarCRM records, including access to accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, calls, and meetings.
Other apps of interest that recently debuted at the App Store include:
- ProPresenter Remote , from Renewed Vision: The $5 mobile app works with the ProPresenter presentation software for worship services, letting users control presentation from their iPhone or iPod touch.
- Twitterlink , from Mere Complexities: The free social-networking tool lets users send a shortened link to Twitter from Safari.
- Fog Window , from Champion Software: The $2 app lets you “fog up” your iPhone or second-generation iPod touch by breathing into the microphone; you can then draw whatever you want on the device’s screen.
- Television , from Makayma.com: The $3 application promises to let you watch 50 pre-recorded shows from 30 channels over Wi-Fi.
- iStatic , from Mutant Piano Software: The $3 ambient noise program generates visual and aural noise to drown out distracting background sounds at work or on the road.
- iShakuhachi , from GClue: The $1 music app replicates a bamboo flute; blow into the iPhone’s microphone while touching the four finger holes to create music.
Got an app you’ve just released to the App Store? Drop us a line.