With a few weeks before the iPad madness begins, we turn our attention to less time-sensitive topics. I begin this episode of the Macworld Podcast with an interview with The MUG Center’s Chuck Joiner. We discuss the current state of Macintosh User Groups.
After a commercial oasis, Macworld senior editor Dan Frakes and I talk about the iPod and iPhone accessories we use and enjoy.
Download Episode #191
• AAC version (23 MB, 46 minutes)
• MP3 version (22 MB, 46 minutes)
Dan and I discuss a mean mess of accessories. They include (in order mentioned):
- Scosche’s $30 TapStick
- Etymotic’s hf2 Custom Fit headset + earphones (custom fit option currently available only in the U.K.)
- Sony’s $110 MDR-VS studio headphones
- Focal’s iCub speaker (discontinued)
- Audioengine’s $349 A5 speakers
- Griffin Technology’s $70 Simplifi dock
- Dexim’s $50 MHub Dock Station
- Griffin Technology’s $40 (2-docks) $60 (4-docks) PowerDock
- Parat Solutions’ Parasync charging and synchronization dock
- Comply’s Foam Tips
- Ten One Design’s $8 SoundClip
- Mophie’s $80 Juice Pack Air
- Plantronics’ $100 Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast via iTunes 4.9 or later, simply click here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
You can find previous episodes of our audio podcasts at Macworld’s podcasting page.
Got any feedback on this podcast? Send regular podcast host Christopher Breen an e-mail; audio comments in the form of an AAC or MP3 file are particularly welcome. You can also leave us a message at 415/520-9761 if you’d like to have your comments included in a future podcast.
This episode brought to you by Macworld Superguides.