Updated Canon printer drivers available for Snow Leopard
If you’ve got a printer from Canon and want to make sure it’s fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6, relief is just a download away. Apple on Wednesday posted updated printer drivers that include the latest Canon printing and scanning software for Snow Leopard.
Canon Printer Drivers 2.3 for Mac OS X v10.6 is listed as a 281.16MB download that requires OS X 10.6.1 or later. (Note that update sizes can vary, particularly if you download the file via Software Update.) As always, Apple posted a list of supported Canon printers for the driver update.
MSRP: $29 (single-user upgrade from Leopard); $49 (five-user upgrade from Leopard); $169 (Tiger upgrade as part of Mac Box Set with iLife ’09 and iWork ’09)
- Generally faster than Leopard
- Most applications run in 64-bit mode
- Rudimentary malware checking
- Supports Exchange
- Improvements to Exposé and Dock
- Many features won’t truly be exploited until Mac hardware evolves
- Lackluster QuickTime Player update