Adobe releases Lightroom and Camera Raw updates
Adobe has released Photoshop Lightroom 2.7, Photoshop Camera Raw 5.7 and DNG Converter 5.7. The updates add raw file support for nine extra camera models, including the Canon Digital Rebel T2i, Sony A450, and Olympus E-PL1.
Lightroom is Adobe's workflow management software that allows photographers to import, process, manage, and showcase images. The Camera Raw plug-in adds access within Photoshop to the raw image formats produced by popular digital cameras. Adobe’s Digital Negative (DNG) format is an archival format for the raw files generated by digital cameras.
The other newly supported cameras are the Kodak Z981, Leaf Aptus-II 8 and Aptus-II 10R, Mamiya DM40, and Panasonic G2 and G10.
The Lightroom 2.7 update is free for Lightroom 2 users. Camera Raw 5.7 is a free download for Photoshop CS4, Photoshop Elements 8, and Premiere Elements 8 users.
- Lots of productivity and user interface improvements
- Support for multiple monitors
- Library Filter makes finding images easier than before
- New Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools let you create localized edits
- Improved integration with Photoshop
- No links to online photo books
- No soft proofing
- Clone and Heal tools not upgraded to brushes