Iomega announces new and updated drives
Iomega has announced a new line of 500GB, USB 2.0 portable drives featuring one of three colorful and edgy designs from Skin Industries. The new Iomega Skin Hard Drive is built to withstand drops from up to 51 inches onto industrial carpet, which the company claims is 40 percent higher than the industry average. Priced at $120, the Iomega Skin Hard Drives come formatted as NTFS, but can easily be made Mac compatible using OS X’s Disk Utility.
In other news, the company also announced the availability of two previously announced products that come preformatted for the Mac. The 1TB eGo BlackBelt Portable Hard Drive Mac Edition and the eGo Silver Desktop Mac Edition which is now available in both 1TB and 2TB configurations for $160 and $250, respectively. Both the BlackBelt and Desktop models come formatted as HFS+, sport two FireWire 800 ports and one USB 2.0 port. A FireWire 800 to 400 cable is included to support older Macs without FireWire 800.
All models come with a three-year limited warranty with product registration.
Products mentioned in this article
- Iomega eGo Silver Desktop, Mac Edition 2TB $220.00 (When Rated) via Amazon.com Marketplace
- Iomega eGo Silver Desktop, Mac Edition 1TB
- Iomega eGo BlackBelt Portable Hard Drive 500GB
- Iomega Red Hot Skin Portable Hard Drive 500GB
- Iomega Radical Skin Portable Hard Drive 500GB
- Iomega Knock Out Skin Portable Hard Drive 500GB