Video: Demonstration of Magic Trackpad gestures
Apple’s new Magic Trackpad lets you perform Multi-Touch gestures on desktop Macs. Like the Magic Mouse ( ), the Magic Trackpad’s system preference pane includes video demonstrations of how to perform each gesture. The video below goes though each of the gesture tutorials. Watch for yourself how the finger gestures are performed. (In the video, the gesture being performed is highlighted on the left. The gesture demonstration is shown on the right.)
Dan’s first look (and his upcoming review, which is he working on right now) will help you decide if the Magic Trackpad is for you. But if you’re still wondering about the gestures, watch the video below.
The Magic Trackpad requires Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Bluetooth.
Apple Magic TrackpadMacworld Rating
- Large, Multi-Touch surface
- Works identically to Apple's laptop trackpads
- Rugged, portable design matches Apple's keyboards
- Easy setup
- Not as precise as a mouse or trackball
- Not ideal for large screens or multiple displays