Apple fixes bugs in Remote app 2.0.1 update
A few weeks after overhauling its Remote app for iOS devices, Apple has released a 2.0.1 update to fix a number of bugs and performance issues.
According to Apple’s notes, 2.0.1 does the following:
- Includes stability and performance improvements.
- Improves performance using Remote on an iPhone when Bluetooth is enabled.
- Addresses a problem browsing artists with a large number of albums.
- Addresses some issues waking up computers when using Home Sharing.
- Addresses some issues with connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV when using Home Sharing or a Passcode.
- Addresses some issues with connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
Since updating to Remote app 2.0 and the new Apple TV ( ) a few weeks ago, I noticed very sluggish responsiveness to my swipes in the app after waking the Apple TV from sleep. A quick test with 2.0.1 shows my problem is thankfully no longer an issue.
Product mentioned in this article
Amazon Shop buttons are programmatically attached to all reviews, regardless of products' final review scores. Our parent company, IDG, receives advertisement revenue for shopping activity generated by the links. Because the buttons are attached programmatically, they should not be interpreted as editorial endorsements.