Apple updates drivers for Canon, FujiXerox, Lexmark printers
Having trouble printing from your Canon, FujiXerox, or Lexmark printer lately? Perhaps you’ll find it easier after installing Apple’s latest slew of printer driver updates to OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), posted Tuesday afternoon on the company’s Support Website and available via Software Update.
Three separate driver downloads are available, each targeting a specific manufacturer: Canon, FujiXerox, and Lexmark. The Canon update, version 2.4.1, is 300.83MB in size and installs and updates drivers for various models. The 2.1 update for FujiXerox printers and scanners is only 45.43MB, and the 2.3.1 update for Lexmark printers is 121MB in size.
As always, you can double-check what printer and scanner models are officially supported by Snow Leopard by scanning through Apple’s Knowledge Base article on the subject. Printers are sorted by model.
- Generally faster than Leopard
- Most applications run in 64-bit mode
- Rudimentary malware checking
- Supports Exchange
- Improvements to Exposé and Dock
- Many features won’t truly be exploited until Mac hardware evolves
- Lackluster QuickTime Player update