Apple releases iTunes 10.1.1
Hot on the heels of an update to the Apple TV software, Apple on Wednesday released an minor version bump to iTunes 10 to provide “a number of important bug fixes.”
Among the issues fixed in iTunes 10.1.1: a problem where music videos weren’t playing properly on Macs with Nvidia GeForce 9400 or 9600 graphics cards; the program unexpectedly quitting when deleting a playlist with the iTunes Sidebar visible; iTunes crashing when syncing an iPod on PowerPC Macs; and music videos not syncing to an iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
The update is available now via Software Update or directly from Apple’s Website (there are updates for both Macs and Windows PCs).
- New social network for discovering music
- HD TV show rentals
- A few more customizable, useful interface options
- Smarter album art list view
- Noticeable performance improvements
- Ping feels unfinished
- Other headline features won't mature for some time
- Senseless interface changes harm usability
- Ringtone features removed