Epson unveils new 'gallery quality' image printer
Epson America this week unveiled a new wireless printer designed to help photographers and artists create gallery-quality color images.
The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 promises to produce nine-color "exhibition quality" prints on glossy, matte, and fine-art paper stock up to 13 inches wide and 44 inches long. In auto-feeder mode, the R3000 has a capacity of 120 sheets of plain 13-by-19-inch paper or 30 sheets of similar-sized photo paper.
The R3000 can print to a resolution of 5760-by-1440 dpi, with speeds of around 90 seconds for an 8-by-10 print, and about a minute longer for a 13-by-19 print. The printer works over both Ethernet and 802.11n wireless connections, but also offers one USB 2.0 port.
The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 has a suggested retail price of $849 and is compatible with Macs running all versions of OS X 10.5 and 10.6. It will be available for sale in March.
Products mentioned in this article
- Epson Stylus Photo R260 Inkjet Printer (30 PPM, 5760x1440 DPI, Color, PC/Mac) $270.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon Marketplace
- HP Officejet Pro K550 Printer
- Epson WorkForce 520 All-in-One Printer $500.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon Marketplace
- Epson Stylus RX700 All-In-One Photo Inkjet Printer (5760x1440 DPI, Color, PC/Mac)
- Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer $1,497.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon Marketplace
- Epson Stylus Photo R380 Inkjet Printer (30 PPM, 5760x1440 DPI, Color, PC/Mac) $588.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon Marketplace