Apple releases printer updates for Xerox, HP, Epson
You don’t have to wait until Apple’s March 2 press event for product news to come out of Cupertino. Granted, Wednesday’s trio of printer driver releases may lack the “wow” factor of, say, a new iPad, but owners of Xerox, HP, and Epson devices will certainly appreciate the respective downloads.
And for those using an Epson device, Epson Printer Drivers v2.6 installs the latest software for supported Epson printers and scanners. The update is intended for any OS X 10.6 user.
MSRP: $29 (single-user upgrade from Leopard); $49 (five-user upgrade from Leopard); $169 (Tiger upgrade as part of Mac Box Set with iLife ’09 and iWork ’09)
- Generally faster than Leopard
- Most applications run in 64-bit mode
- Rudimentary malware checking
- Supports Exchange
- Improvements to Exposé and Dock
- Many features won’t truly be exploited until Mac hardware evolves
- Lackluster QuickTime Player update