iPhoto update adds new card themes, fixes bugs
On Tuesday, Apple released the latest update to iPhoto 9—aka iPhoto ’11. iPhoto 9.1.2 adds new card themes to the app, as well as provides the obligatory improvements in “overall stability” and addresses a number of other minor issues.
Areas of improvement include fixes for Toolbars that didn’t auto-hide; formatting problems with book, card, and calendar themes; iPhoto 5 libraries that wouldn’t upgrade correctly; and photo backgrounds vanishing when changing book types.
Apple’s complete release notes are as follows:
- Addresses an issue that prevented the Zoom slider from being accessible in Magnify (1-Up) view
- Fixes an issue where Toolbars were not auto-hiding in Full Screen view
- Search field now correctly performs an “includes” search when searching by text string
- Fixes minor formatting issues with book, card and calendar themes
- Message Size of emails now correctly updates when changes are made using the Photo Size menu
- Addresses an issue that prevented some iPhoto 5 libraries from upgrading correctly
- Multiple book pages can now be drag-selected when in All Pages view
- Design tools in print project panels are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons
- Photo backgrounds applied to a book are now preserved when book type is changed
- Tab key can now be used to navigate through all text fields in a book project
Product mentioned in this article
Amazon Shop buttons are programmatically attached to all reviews, regardless of products' final review scores. Our parent company, IDG, receives advertisement revenue for shopping activity generated by the links. Because the buttons are attached programmatically, they should not be interpreted as editorial endorsements.