New 2011 iMacs
Apple has just refreshed the iMac line—bringing not only faster iMacs, but also ones that come standard with the new Thunderbolt data port, 4GB of RAM, a 720p HD FaceTime camera, faster graphics cards, and—best of all—that new iMac smell. In this episode, Macworld editorial director Jason Snell and senior editor Roman Loyola join me to discuss these new Mac models.
Download Episode #243
• AAC version (22.2 MB, 44 minutes)
• MP3 version (21.3 MB, 44 minutes)
To slake your thirst for more information on these worthy computers, check out Dan Moren and Lex Friedman’s Apple Releases Thunderbolt-Equipped iMac Line. Additionally, to see how one of these computers compares to its predecessors you’ll want to take a look at James Galbraith’s Lab Tested: New 27-inch Core i5 iMac/3.1GHz Speed Results.
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast simply click here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
You can find previous episodes of our audio podcasts at Macworld’s podcasting page.
Have any feedback on this podcast? Send regular podcast host Christopher Breen an e-mail; audio comments in the form of an AAC or MP3 file are particularly welcome. You can also leave us a message at 415/520-9761 if you’d like to have your comments included in a future podcast.
Products mentioned in this article
- Apple 21.5-inch Core i5 iMac/2.5GHz (quad-core) $2,000.00 (When Rated) via Newegg.com
- Apple 27-inch Core i5 iMac/2.7GHz (quad-core) $1,500.00 (When Rated) via Amazon.com Marketplace
- Apple 21.5-inch Core i5 iMac/2.7GHz (quad-core) $1,214.00 (When Rated) via Amazon.com Marketplace
- Apple 27-inch Core i5 iMac/3.1GHz (quad-core) $1,999.00