AppleScript and iTunes
In this week’s episode we turn to two subjects close to my heart—iTunes and AppleScript. And who better to talk to about these topics than the mind behind Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes, Doug Adams?
Download Episode #245
• AAC version (15.2 MB, 30 minutes)
• MP3 version (14.4 MB, 30 minutes)
In the course of our discussion Doug mentions a few of the tools on his site. They include:
- Super Remove Dead Tracks
- Find Album Artwork With Google
- PDF Adder
- Dupin Lite
We also mentioned the godfather of AppleScript, Apple’s Sal Soghoian. You can find his and Bill Cheeseman’s book, Apple Training Series: AppleScript 1–2–3 on Amazon for just over $30. It’s well worth it if you want to learn all there is to know about ApplesScript.
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast simply click here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
You can find previous episodes of our audio podcasts at Macworld’s podcasting page.
Have any feedback on this podcast? Send regular podcast host Christopher Breen an e-mail; audio comments in the form of an AAC or MP3 file are particularly welcome. You can also leave us a message at 415/520-9761 if you’d like to have your comments included in a future podcast.
This episode is sponsored by Many Tricks.
- New social network for discovering music
- HD TV show rentals
- A few more customizable, useful interface options
- Smarter album art list view
- Noticeable performance improvements
- Ping feels unfinished
- Other headline features won't mature for some time
- Senseless interface changes harm usability
- Ringtone features removed