Apple updates iTunes to 10.4.1
It’s tune-up time for iTunes: Apple on Monday released iTunes 10.4.1 to address a collection of pesky bugs in the application.
The update, which is available for both Mac and Windows systems, provides “a number of improvements,” according to Apple’s Support Downloads page. Among them, Apple specifically calls out the following: Third-party keyboards’ media keys (play/pause, forward, backward) now work properly in iTunes; an issue has been fixed regarding the adding of artwork to songs and videos; and iTunes should no longer become unresponsive when purchasing an HD movie or take longer than normal to open after waking your Mac from sleep. There are also several unnamed issues resolved regarding VoiceOver support.
You can download the patch (90MB for Mac users, 77MB for 32-bit Windows users, and 78MB for 64-bit Windows users) from Apple’s Support website, or via Software Update.
- New social network for discovering music
- HD TV show rentals
- A few more customizable, useful interface options
- Smarter album art list view
- Noticeable performance improvements
- Ping feels unfinished
- Other headline features won't mature for some time
- Senseless interface changes harm usability
- Ringtone features removed