Today Apple held an education event in New York City where it unveiled a new version of the iBooks app along with iBooks Author, a free Mac application that allows you to create books containing not just text but also rich media elements. Macworld’s Dan Moren and Lex Friedman attended the event. I talk to them about their impressions.
Note that Dan and Lex had to dash into a less-than-silent office to record the podcast. We apologize for the occasional background noise.
Download Episode #280
• AAC version (15.3 MB, 30 minutes)
• MP3 version (14.6 MB, 30 minutes)
It should come as no surprise that we’re all over Apple’s latest education efforts. Check out these stories:
- Live Update: Apple’s January 19 Education Event
- Apple Releases iBook 2 With Support for Interactive Textbooks
- iBooks Author Offers Free E-textbook Creation
- Apple Unveils iTunes U App
- iTunes Update Adds Interactive Textbook Compatibility
- Summary: Apple Puts iPad at the Head of the Class
- Hands On: iBooks Author
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast simply click here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
You can find previous episodes of our audio podcasts at Macworld’s podcasting page.
Have any feedback on this podcast? Send regular podcast host Christopher Breen an e-mail; audio comments in the form of an AAC or MP3 file are particularly welcome. You can also leave us a message at 415/967-3622 if you’d like to have your comments included in a future podcast.