Apple releases Safari 5.1.4
Apple on Monday released Safari 5.1.4, an update chock full of fixes for the Snow Leopard, Lion, and Windows versions of the company’s Web browser.
Other problems addressed include a bug that prevented printing U.S. Postal Service shipping labels and embedded PDFs, along with a bug that could remove links in PDFs saved from webpages. An issue that could cause the screen to dim when you watched HTML5 video is corrected as well.
Rounding out the fixes are improved stability, compatibility, and startup time when using Safari extensions, better cookie behavior when you turn off Private Browsing, and a bug that left some data behind after you pressed the Remove All Website Data button.
Safari 5.1.4 is available via Software Update and directly from Apple’s website.
- OS X Lion integration
- Improved Reader feature
- Security and privacy improvements
- Reading List feature for marking articles for later reading
- Occasional rendering glitches
- Support for some cutting-edge features turned off by default
- Not all features available to Snow Leopard users