Apple TV arriving a day early
Some of those who obsessively track the delivery of their Apple products have noticed that while the third-generation iPad will, as promised, be delivered Friday (even when sitting in a delivery facility a stone’s throw from their intended recipients), the latest Apple TV models are slated for delivery today.
We’ve heard from a handful of readers that these delivery reports are no lie. The knock on my office door just a minute ago confirms it. The FedEx fairy is indeed delivering these 1080p units.
To track the progress of your delivery, visit Apple’s Online Order Status page.
While it's beginning to show its age, Apple TV's hooks into the Apple ecosystem still make it worth considering. Read the full review
- It's the only option for streaming iTunes content
- Apple Music, HomeKit, and AirPlay further extend the box's usefulness
- App-driven home screen is easy to understand
- Fairly cheap for a high-end set-top box
- Only platform that still lacks voice search
- Outdated hardware translates to long loading times
- Limited app selection
- Remote is overly simplistic and depends on line of sight