1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted. By entering, each participant (“You”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these rules.
2. SPONSOR: Mac Publishing, LLC. ("Sponsor"),501 Second St, San Francisco, CA 94107 (address), is offering this contest described in these Official Rules (the "Contest").
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individuals who (i) have submitted the required entry information prior to the close of the Entry Period that meets the subject matter and technical requirements; (ii) are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and (iii) are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the applicable Entry Period. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians. Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, parent company, or any third party contest Co-Sponsor, or any household and/or immediate family members of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted. Limit one Prize per household and/or IP address.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
A. You must submit an iPad made illustration. No photography will be considered. Only one image per participant will be considered. Youmay use any app or program from the Apple App store. Additional drawing tools, such as styluses are allowed. This Contest is limited to US residents.
Send your iPad illustration as an image to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "iPad Art Contest." You include in the body of the e-mail, your full name and location and details about your work, what app or program you used, how you created the piece (tools like styluses, etc), and any story behind the image.
By entering this contest You grant irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to the Sponsor to display and reproduce yourentryand any additional content submitted by You in connection with the Contest, including promotion of the Contest. These usesincludebut are not limited to judging, and publishing on Macworld.com, Macworld’s official Facebook page, and in Macworld magazine to highlight entries and winners in the contest. Images may be cropped or water stamped as necessary for publication.
B. You further agree that You will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless You are the owner of such rights. By entering into this Contest you confirm that the submitted image is original artwork, and that You are the sole author and copyright holder. You have the permission of any subjects in the image (or parents or guardians if they are under 18) to grant usage to the Sponsor.
5. TIMING: The contest begins on 5/14/2012 and ends on 5/28/2012. All submissions must be within this time period.
6. PRIZE: The prizes are as follows: One (1) First place prize: REALM Headphones RH1056md, touchPEN Stylus. Approximate retail value: $224.98. One (1) Second place prize: bassDOCK, touchPEN Stylus. Approximate retail per value: $174.98. One (1) Third place prize: Premium Increased Dynamic Range earphones, touchPEN Stylus. Approximate retail value: $124.98. Five (5) Runner up prizes: boomCAN, touchPEN Stylus. Approximate retail value: $49.98.
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The Prizes and actual retail values will vary and will be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a Prize or part thereof cannot be awarded for any reason; in such event, Sponsor will in its sole discretion award a substitute Prize or part thereof of equal or greater value.
7. JUDGING: The winners of the Prizes will be selected by Sponsor on or about one week following the close of the Entry Period, and will be the participants who at the close of such Entry Period (i) had, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, the best submission based on overall creativity and quality; and (ii) satisfies the eligibility requirements.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION; CLAIMING OF PRIZE: The winners of the Prizes will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified the registration. The winners will be required to respond to the e-mail to claim the prize. If the required response is not obtained from the selected winner by the date specified in the second e-mail notification, or if the selected winner is ineligible or otherwise fails to properly claim the Prize, a replacement winner will be chosen from eligible entries. The process will be repeated until the Prize is awarded.
9. DISCLAIMERS: By entering this contest, You agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these official rules, or the contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. You agree that Sponsor, its affiliated companies, parent company, and any Co-Sponsors of the Contest shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of Prize, participation in the Contest, or any technical malfunctions of any kind, including but not limited to: the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any misdirected entries, or delayed data transmissions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, under no circumstances shall the above referenced entities be liable for an amount of damages in excess of the value of the Prize(s) awarded hereunder, noR for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages. The Prize shall be provided on an "AS-IS" basis without warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or usability by a winner. IT IS PARTICIPANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INFORMATION WHICH MAY ACCOMPANY THE PRIZE.
10. MODIFICATION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES; CANCELLATION OF CONTEST: Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Official Rules in any way, or at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest at any time. If any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among eligible entries received prior to such action.
11. Governing Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution: Participant agrees that any dispute arising out of this contest shall be resolved individually without class action and exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Any disputes (excluding disputes where a party is seeking preliminary or permanent injunctive relief or a temporary restraining order) that may arise out of this contest shall first be submitted to mediation before a mediator appointed by the American Arbitration Association in San Francisco, CA pursuant to its rules of mediation. If a good faith attempt by both parties and the American Arbitration Association fails to accomplish a resolution, then after fully exhausting the mediation remedy, the matter shall be submitted to the American Arbitration Association for binding arbitration in San Francisco, CA pursuant to its rules of arbitration.