Tech For Life: Apps and gear for enjoying the great outdoors
Sometimes, it’s good to get away from it all and take in a little nature. Even so, there are apps and gadgets that can augment your outdoor explorations. In the latest installment of Tech For Life, we’ll look at a few tools that promise to make the great outdoors even better.
Here are a few of the apps and accessories that you might want to take along the next time you plan to get away from it all:
- National Parks by National Geographic, a great iOS guide to 25 of the most visited national parks;
- Olloclip, a three-in-one lens that gives your iPhone’s camera macro, fisheye, and wide-angle options;
- Audobon Nature Guides for Android and iOS, which come in a variety of animals, plants, and regions from publisher Green Mountain Digital (though I’m partial to the four-in-one guide for iOS;
- iBird’s bird-watching apps, which are available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone;
- PowerBag’s Business Class Bag, which includes a removable rechargeable battery for staying powered up on the trail; and
- myCharge Peak 6000, a portable battery with enough juice to charge your smartphone four times.