Apple releases iOS 7.0.4 to fix FaceTime problem
If you like your software fresh and up to date, then it’s time to pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood Settings > General > Software Update on your iOS device. iOS 7.0.4 has arrived bearing gifts.
While most of the update seems to concern unenumerated bug fixes and performance improvements, the one change Apple does call out is a fix for FaceTime calls that would fail for some users. And, of course, there’s the usual assortment of security patches that you’ll want.
Users of the fourth-generation iPod touch will instead find iOS 6.1.5, which fixes the same FaceTime issue as 7.0.4.
Both updates are, as always, free, and available from either the Software Update pane or via iTunes.
Apple iOS 7Macworld Rating
iOS 7 sports a revolutionary new design, under-the-hood features like Control Center and card-based multitasking, and app updates.
- Extensive, eye-catching redesign
- Control Center gives quick access to frequent features
- More extensive multitasking capabilities
- Minor bugs are not uncommon
- AirDrop feature lacks Mac compatibility
- iPad version feels uneven, sluggish