Explore OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 in Macworld's September Digital Edition
Every day, Macworld brings you the essential daily news and other info about all things Apple. But staying on top of that torrent of information can be a constant challenge. One solution: the Macworld Digital Edition.
Available as single copies or with a yearlong subscription, the Digital Edition comes in two forms: Enhanced and Replica. The Enhanced Edition has all the news, analysis, product reviews, and how-to’s from the print magazine, along with interactive features, videos, slideshows, and podcasts—all customized for consumption on your iPad. The Replica Edition is just like a digital copy of the print magazine, but designed for your mobile device’s touchscreen, complete with links and search capabilities.
In the September issue
In the newest Digital Edition, we dive a little deeper into the new features and capabilities of the upcoming OS X Yosemite and iOS 8. Judging from what we learned at WWDC—as well as from the testing we've done on early versions of the new Mac OS—Yosemite provides a fresh look and a host of useful improvements and tweaks. iOS 8, meanwhile, promises to be a game changer, particularly in the way apps communicate with each other.
Also in this month’s issue:
• Organize your iTunes library: Music collections can get messy if you leave them alone long enough. The key to keeping them in order is to be diligent about tagging your songs. Kirk McElhearn, the iTunes Guy, offers some tagging advice.
• Nine technologies that Apple is disrupting: Apple’s innovations put the company in competition against a number of third-party developers.
• iOS 8 and education: According to one iPads-for-schools expert, the new mobile OS will bring notable benefits to students and teachers—but iCloud Drive may be problematic for novice users.
• Apple and Beats: We run down the specifics of Apple’s acquisition of the headphones maker and music service, and we speculate on the effects that the deal will have on both companies’ audio offerings.
• The Macworld Lab experiments with some not-so-practical uses for Thunderbolt.
• Avoid making silly mistakes and looking foolish online.
• See how easy it is to tag your iTunes library items and clean up messy tags.
How to subscribe
Current subscribers should have already received their print issue at home; the latest issue is also out on print newsstands everywhere. As for our digital subscribers, all our digital versions are now live.
Not a subscriber?
Interested in digital only?
We created our Enhanced iPad Edition to bring subscribers a new experience with exciting new features designed especially for this device platform. Learn more about the Enhanced iPad Edition.