When Big Brother is your Mom
As we wait for August to wind down and a fresh crop of Apple products to sprout in September we manage to find other things to talk about. This week that includes Apple and diversity, calling your mother (or else!), whether we’re so human-impaired that we need Facebook to tell what is and isn’t a joke, a list of iPhone 6 rumors, and a heartfelt “well done” to Apple for a just as heartfelt commercial.
- Apple celebrates diversity on its website while admitting it needs to do more
- 'Ignore No More' App Prevents Kids From Skipping Calls with Mom (Science World Report)
- Facebook tests 'satire' tag, makes the Internet slightly less confusing (and less fun)
- Why sapphire iPhone screens could be Apple's next big thing
- Apple wins 2014 ‘Outstanding Commercial’ Emmy Award for ‘Misunderstood’ holiday ad (9to5 Mac)
Lynda.com: Learn Apple software, the latest technologies, creative skills, and more from easy-to-follow video tutorials at lynda.com/macworld.
Automatic: Your Smart Driving Assistant on your smart phone. Just $80 with our special podcast offer!
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast by clicking here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: