It's New Everything Week at Apple, with preorders beginning Friday for the Apple Watch. (Susie still isn't sure which one to get, but she's narrowed it down to three. OK, four.) Also launching this week is the new MacBook and its tiny USB-C port, which Glenn can't wait to test. Oh, and some movies on the iTunes Store, something about a war in the stars? Could be good.
We also take another chance to point and giggle at CurrentC (QR codes, seriously, those never cease to make us chuckle), and talk about whether the rumored new Apple TV needs 4K, or if our broadband can even handle that.
- Apple Pay rival CurrenctC coming in mid-2015 by Martyn Williams
- Private I: Trust and verify for network certificate roots by Glenn Fleishman
- How Apple Makes the Watch by Greg Koenig at Atomic Delights
- Which Watch? How to pick the Apple Watch that’s right for you, by Leah Yamshon
- The all-in-one Apple Watch spreadsheet by Rob Griffiths at The Robservatory
- Star Wars saga making high-definition digital download debut this week by Ian Paul
- You don't need Comcast's gigabit broadband. You just need consistent throughput by Glenn Fleishman
- No 4K streaming support for new Apple TV, report says by Jared Newman
- Don't dash to Dash: new Amazon buttons aid brands, not consumers by Glenn Fleishman
Special thanks to this week's sponsors. For a limited time, get up to 80 percent off a selection of digital lessons by The Great Courses. Visit thegreatcourses.com/macworld. Experience a clean, close, comfortable shave with Harry's, and get $5 off your first purchase with coupon code MACWORLD at Harrys.com. And for a free 100-day trial of a comfortable foam mattress from Casper—plus $50 off the already-low prices—visit www.casper.com/macworld and use promo code MACWORLD.
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast by clicking here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: