Podcast: Apple Watch is in the house, along with iFixit's CEO
The Apple Watch landed on Susie's wrist on launch day, and while Glenn still waits for his (spoiler: it showed up the day after we recorded this), they discuss the launch, our first impressions, and how Apple tried to underpromise and overdeliver when it came to ship dates. We also revisit our favorite topic of late, Photos for OS X and how it's still giving us trouble. Then Glenn welcomes Kyle Wiens, the founder and CEO of iFixit, to discuss the teardown of the Apple Watch—how does its reparability stack up to other watches?
- iFixit's teardown of the Apple Watch
- My rocky first 24hrs with the Apple Watch by Matt Haughey on Medium
- My first hour with Apple Watch: Unboxing, pairing, and personalizing this strange new device by Caitlin McGarry
- More help for Photos: Metadata, the Places map, and syncing without iCloud by Glenn Fleishman
- 10 killer tips to get your Apple Watch set up just right by Caitlin McGarry and Susie Ochs
- Every Macworld article tagged "Apple Watch"
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor, Red Hat, makers of enterprise software trusted in the world's most demanding data centers. Find out what they can do for yours at redhat.com.
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast by clicking here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: