|Current Version||Version: 1.0.10|
|Author||CodingArt Pty Ltd|
|Description||"A luxurious reading experience." - MacWorld
Beautifully typeset using techniques used for quality printed books, this collection includes unabridged versions of some of the world's most loved novels, plays and short stories. Pages can be 'turned', their edges following your finger, mimicking real books.
• 3D animation lets you ‘turn’ pages, mimicking real books.
• Each title displayed on a custom-designed book spine
• Lovingly typeset using techniques for quality printed books
• Choice of three text sizes (via your iPhone’s Settings App)
This app is powered by Gizreader, created by and for lovers of books. See a video demo on the GizReader website. (www.gizreader.com)
The depth of each richly designed spine tells you whether a book is short, long or in-between.
Skim down the pile of books. Tap to choose. A highlight reminds you which title you were last reading.
Lose yourself almost instantly in the story. GizReader is quick. Its type is crisp and clear, beautifully set for reading pleasure. Each book’s formatting is checked and polished, compared where necessary against multiple sources.
Pages turn realistically, their edges following your finger, with a satisfying flip sound. (Unless you turn the sound off.) Alternatively, you can tap or swipe to turn pages instantly.
When you return to a book, GizReader remembers your place, even if you have resized the text. (Choose from three text sizes in your iPhone’s Settings App.) You can also see from the progress bar where you are in the story.
The app includes unabridged versions of some of the world’s most loved masterpieces. The collection grows over time, via free updates.
The titles are:
• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
• Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
• The Call of the Wild by Jack London
• The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
• David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
• Emma by Jane Austen
• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
• Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
• The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
• Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
• King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggar
• Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
• The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
• The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
• North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
• Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
• The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
• The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
• The Return of Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs
• Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
• The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
• A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
• Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
• The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
• Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
• Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
• The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
• Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Short story collections (each contains a series of short stories):
• The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
• The Garden Party and Other Stories by Katherine Mansfield
• The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling