|Current Version||Version: 3.0.3|
|Author||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Description||From premier telescope maker Orion Telescopes & Binoculars comes a fun, powerful, and content-rich astronomy app for stargazers from beginner to advanced. With Orion StarSeek 3 anyone can easily find, identify, and learn about stars, planets, constellations, galaxies, and nebulas in the night sky from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad!
What’s more, StarSeek 3 enables control of most computerized “GoTo” telescopes from your Apple device, with the optional Orion StarSeek Wi-Fi module or (coming soon!) Orion StarSeek Telescope Control Cable.
NOTE: Orion is the exclusive licensee for distribution of the Southern Stars SkySafari apps, sold by Orion under the name StarSeek. The current versions of StarSeek 3 Pro and StarSeek 3 Max are largely identical to SkySafari 3 Plus and SkySafari 3 Pro, respectively. StarSeek 3 (standard) is a smaller, 50MB edition that is substantively different from SkySafari 3.
With an iPhone 3GS, 4, iPad or iPad 2, or 4th-generation iPod Touch, just hold it up to any portion of the sky and StarSeek automatically displays a matching star map that moves as you move your iDevice! Identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Pinpoint any object in the sky by simply following the guiding arrow!
StarSeek 3’s dynamic star chart contains 312,000 stars to 10th magnitude, 31,000 deep-sky objects, and 700 solar system objects, taking you deep into the universe. StarSeek 3’s database includes the entire NGC, IC, Messier, and Caldwell catalogs of deep-sky objects, plus 8 planets (counting Pluto!), 22 moons, 110 satellites, 298 comets, and 327 asteroids. You’ll enjoy hundreds of color photographs too.
StarSeek 3 even includes SkyWeek from Sky & Telescope magazine. SkyWeek is a week-at-a-glance summary of sky events featuring interactive sky charts.
With StarSeek you can see a detailed, colorful map of the night sky from any location on Earth up to 100 years in the past or future. Double tap on any celestial object to pull up intriguing information about it. Animate the night sky by compressing up to years of time into seconds! Optional, red “night vision” mode helps preserve your eyes’ dark adaptation.
And all this is just the basic version! StarSeek 3’s gorgeous, easy-to-use interface and seemingly infinite content takes exploring the night sky to an exciting new dimension.
NOTE: The all-new StarSeek 3 app requires iOS 4 or later on your Apple device.
WHAT’S NEW in StarSeek 3:
1) Ooh! Spectacular new horizon panoramas, improved Sun glow, horizon glow, and sunset effects.
2) New scrolling toolbar gives you easy access to common functions. Swipe the toolbar to access new Compass, Gyro, and Night Vision icons - and more!
3) Artistic illustrations of all 88 constellations, which fade in and out of view as you pan around the sky chart.
4) Animated panning to selected objects now provides a much better sense of where they are located in the sky.
5) Support for the gyroscope built into the iPhone 4, 4'th gen iPod Touch, and iPad 2 for smoother tracking motion.
6) SkyWeek from Sky & Telescope magazine!
7) "Tonight's Best" list of objects, customized for your location, date, and time.
8) Comets are now rendered more realistically, with tails.
9) Orbits of the planets and their moons illustrate their paths through space.
10) Constellation labels are brighter for improved readability.
11) Night vision mode has numerous improvements, including a Night Vision toolbar button.
12) A new "Center" button in the main toolbar makes it easier to center the selected object in the sky chart, and keep it locked there.
13) A "local Align" (sync) function for Orion, Celestron, and SkyWatcher telescopes.
14) For computerized