- Core i5 processor provides huge performance gains
- Impressive array of connectivity options, including Thunderbolt
- Compact design and aluminum Unibody enclosure
- Improved graphics performance
- No optical drive
- Slow stock hard drive
- Inconveniently located SD-card slot
A real overachiever. The new Mac mini features state-of-the-art processors, advanced graphics, Thunderbolt technology, and plenty of ports. Expect big things. The latest dual-core Intel Core i5 processors come standard on Mac mini. Choose a 2.3GHz or 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, or configure Mac mini with an even faster 2.7GHz Intel Core i7. With up to 2x the performance of the previous generation, Mac mini keeps up with computers twice its size.