||SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. Download the Reader’s Digest app and enjoy the free sample issue. Then choose your payment plan: SAVE UP TO 62% off the single-issue price. PRINT SUBSCRIBERS: As a thank-you for your loyalty, FREE ACCESS to the iPad edition is included in your subscription for six months. Just download the app and tap on the “Current Magazine Subscriber” button to get started.
The interactive edition of Reader’s Digest lets you browse smart, useful tips on health, work, food, relationships, home, and money, all expertly selected from hundreds of online and print sources. You’ll discover original profiles of inspiring people, insightful essays, and news roundups that get you up-to-date fast on the issues you care about. All the jokes and funny true stories from the print edition are here, along with our famous Word Power column—now with automatic scoring and audio pronunciations. And there’s much more: Each iPad edition is enhanced with exclusive cartoons, videos, slide shows, animations, and useful Web links, plus bonus stories from our 50 Reader’s Digest magazines around the globe—all in a well-designed, easy-to-navigate interface.
Note: Take full advantage of Apple’s Newsstand feature by connecting your iPad to your Mac or PC and installing iOS 5 before downloading this app.
50 Secrets Nurses Won’t Tell You: Doctors are clueless about what REALLY happens in the beds, rooms, and halls of our hospitals. Listen to the experts.
The Unsinkable Diana Nyad: What makes a 61-year-old woman want to swim from Cuba to Florida? Reader’s Digest exclusive video.
You Only Live Twice: Howard Snitzer collapsed. Ninety-six minutes later he still didn’t have a heartbeat. Here’s how he survived. Exclusive video.
The Road Ahead: The middle class is squeezed as never before, but we’re not powerless. Here, ten ideas to get us back on track, with four exclusive videos of families fighting back.
Love, Faith, and War: In hospitals and on patrol, in ad hoc chapels and at makeshift altars, military chaplains help American soldiers find peace amid the chaos and danger of the front lines. Exclusive video.
Health: 13 things your podiatrist won’t tell you
Money: How to outfox retail marketers
Work: Five billionaires who never finished high school
• Nine exclusive Reader’s Digest videos and slide shows
• Free first chapters from three new books
• Stunning photographs of Tibet from a new book by Phil Borges
• From Reader’s Digest International: The wonderful strangeness of seahorses—and a Montreal researcher’s efforts to save them
• Reviews of apps and websites worth noting
In Every Issue
• The all-new Word Power game calculates your score, then lets you reset the quiz to challenge friends
• The latest news and tips on health, travel, family, home, and money from ReadersDigest.com, updated hourly on the Daily Digest page
• Bonus cartoons from our archives and a daily RSS humor feed
• Ability to e-mail your favorite joke, funny true story, or quip to friends, right from the app
• 1-month subscription for $1.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• 1-year subscription for $14.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• NOTE: Your subscription starts with the latest issue; back issues are not part of your subscription but may be purchased as single issues ($3.99).
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your credit card will be automatically charged for another subscription period (another year for annual subscribers, another month for monthly subscribers) unless you change your subscription preferences in your App Store account settings.