||"[Codea] for iPad is a super slick way to write and run programs on your iPad." – Gizmodo
"It’s kind of like the Garage Band of coding." – Wired
Codea lets you create games and simulations — or just about any visual idea you have. Turn your thoughts into interactive creations that make use of iPad features like Multi-Touch and the accelerometer.
We think Codea is the most beautiful code editor you'll use, and it's easy. Codea is designed to let you touch your code. Want to change a number? Just tap and drag it. How about a color, or an image? Tapping will bring up visual editors that let you choose exactly what you want.
Codea is built on the Lua programming language. A simple, elegant language that doesn't rely too much on symbols — a perfect match for iPad.
Here's how you use it: type your code. Press play to watch it run. Interact with it. Get creative.
For a video demonstration, see twolivesleft.com/Codea
• A full featured vector graphics and image renderer lets you prototype what you can imagine
• Lots of fantastic example projects to learn from, including games and simulations
• Generate random retro-game sound effects to use in your creations
• Touch your code: tap numbers, colors and images to adjust them
• Complete in-line reference documentation accessible from the keyboard
• Intelligent auto-completion suggests keywords and functions
• Add parameters to your simulation or game interface so you can tweak variables at runtime
• Interact with the accelerometer and multi touch on your device
• Codea renders your code with beautiful syntax highlighting