||"How to Cook Everything Vegetarian," the ultimate vegetarian cookbook—from New York Times columnist and bestselling author Mark Bittman—has more than 2,000 recipes and scores of how-to illustrations.
Based on the cookbook, this iPhone app makes delicious meatless and vegan food more accessible than ever, with a cool set of features designed especially for the mobile user. It offers the depth, scope, and portability of the original, bestselling How to Cook Everything app—and it’s all about vegetarian food.
In the app you’ll find:
• The contents of Mark Bittman’s award-winning book, including more than 2,000 meatless recipes and recipe variations—from easy stir-fries, pastas, and veggie burgers to do-it-yourself projects like tofu and cheese from scratch.
• No-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menu Ideas, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• Those who are eating vegan will appreciate the more than 900 recipes and variations tagged as vegan, easy to find through search.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• Handy built-in timers placed throughout the recipe steps.
• Print recipes and shopping lists, add recipes to calendars, and switch easily between apps.
• Email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
• Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that’s your preference.
• Access anytime, anywhere: All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection.
The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian for iPhone app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide.
Praise for the How to Cook Everything Vegetarian cookbook:
“Mark Bittman’s category lock on definitive, massive food tomes continues with this well-thought-out ode to the garden and beyond. Combining deep research, tasty information, and delicious easy-to-cook recipes is Mark’s forte and everything I want to cook is in here, from chickpea fries to cheese soufflés."
— Mario Batali, chef, author, and entrepreneur
“How do you make an avid meat eater (like me) fall in love with vegetarian cooking? Make Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything Vegetarian part of your culinary library.”
— Bobby Flay, chef-owner of Mesa Grill and author of the Mesa Grill Cookbook
“Recipes that taste this good aren’t supposed to be so healthy. Mark Bittman makes being a vegetarian fun.”
— Dr. Mehmet Oz, Professor of Surgery, New York-Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center and coauthor of You: The Owner’s Manual
Love this app? Check out its companion app: How to Cook Everything.