||Barefoot World Atlas is an interactive 3D globe for iPad that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world, discovering hundreds of fascinating features and immersing themselves in the rich wonders of our planet. This app is optimised for the new iPad and is compatible with iPad 2 as well as the original iPad. The rich and beautifully detailed graphics take full advantage of the amazing new high definition retina screen.
This enchanting interactive atlas is the result of a year-long partnership between award-winning children’s publisher Barefoot Books, and Touch Press, the people behind six previous Apps of the Week including The Elements, Solar System for iPad and March of the Dinosaurs.
Geographer and BBC TV presenter Nick Crane is your guide, as you fly at will around a beautiful 3D globe created by artist David Dean. Explore the world’s continents, great oceans and changing environments. Meet different people around the planet and find out about their way of life. Encounter amazing wildlife, discover landmarks, natural features and famous buildings.
This is an interactive atlas for the digital age. It vividly communicates how all parts of our world are interconnected and reveals some of the ideas and initiatives that are helping to shape a sustainable future. Young children will delight in playing with the 3D globe and exploring its features; while older children can delve deeper to discover a wealth of facts and insights including live data for every country from Wolfram|Alpha.
This engaging and educational app presents:
• an enchanting interactive globe that children can spin, zoom and fly around
• live country facts from Wolfram|Alpha including current weather
• globe navigation by regions, emphasising the way people have been shaped by the characteristics and resources of the land
• hundreds of animated illustrations by artist David Dean representing culture, people, and nature
• extensive written text and spoken narration by BBC presenter and geographer Nick Crane
• hundreds of carefully chosen photographs
• an evocative soundscape with ever-changing music and effects
• 3D rotations of historical objects from the Royal Geographical Society
The Barefoot World Atlas app is based on the acclaimed hardback atlas (Barefoot Books World Atlas by Nicholas Crane and David Dean) published in October 2011 and already in its fourth printing.