||National Geographic presents an award winning, new, beautiful, and interactive guide to the national parks with a new app for iPhone and iPad. Whether you are seeking inspiration and planning your next trip or you’re looking for the ultimate in utility, National Geographic has everything you need to explore twenty of the most-visited U.S. national parks at your fingertips. Watch for updates as we continue to add more parks!
NEW: one app for iPhone & iPad!
★ 2012 Winner: Apple Design Award, iPhone Developer Showcase ★
★ iPad Editor's Choice! ★
★ iPhone App of the Week! ★
★ German Design Award - Nominee 2013 ★
"Here is an iPhone app that Teddy Roosevelt and Ansel Adams might love." —Macworld
"And, in true NatGeo fashion, it’s the photos—professional, archival and user-generated—that make the app." —MSNBC.com
"All in all ... I can say that this is one of the most inspiring, useful and consistent iPhone apps I’d seen in a while..." — Macstories.com
- Global and interactive map views with filtering by activity and seasonality
- Personalized user space to track your favorite parks, activities, itineraries, photos, and more
- Thousands of points of interest, all tagged with GPS coordinates for easy planning and locating
- The top must-sees and must-dos for each park, curated by National Geographic editors
- Stunning photo galleries for each park, plus rare vintage images from the National Geographic Archive
- Photo tips from National Geographic photographers
- Sharing through Facebook, email, and Twitter
- Collectible park stamps
- And much, much more!
Each park guide has all the information you’ll need to know before you go (or get while you’re there!): local time, weather, how to get there, when to go, where to camp or stay, what to do, what to see, and so much more. Plus, each park guide comes with a custom-designed stamp—collect one at each park you visit.
National Geographic is known for its photography, and this app is no different. Explore the parks—from Joshua Tree to the Everglades, from Acadia to Zion—through spectacular images and never-before-seen vintage shots. Plus, learn how to re-create the best photos from the experts: National Geographic photographers.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to access content.