||Onion Browser is a Tor-capable web browser that lets you access the internet privately and anonymously.
NOTE: glitch w/"New Identity" in landscape mode will be fixed in 1.1.1, submitted for release next week.
A portion of the sales proceeds will be donated to the Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Onion Browser is open-source software. (See onionbrowser.com for more details on donation & source code.)
• Internet access tunneled over the Tor onion router network:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- Your connection is encrypted before it leaves your device, providing protection against snooping by ISPs or people who share a WiFi connection with you.
- Tunnel bypasses restrictive firewalls: you can access the entire Internet from behind ISPs or corporate connections, or when inside countries that practice online censorship.
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible in the Tor network.
• User-Agent spoofing: hides the fact that you are using an iPhone/iPad from websites you visit.
• Ability to block third party cookies or all cookies.
• Can change IP address and clear cookies/history/cache in one button.
NOTE: Web browsing through the anonymization network will be significantly slower than through a non-tunneled browser.
Due to online censorship techniques using deep-packet inspection (DPI), this app does not currently function in Iran or China.
Onion Browser is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Tor Project. Onion Browser carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.