||You are in command of a Type VII U-Boat hunting convoys at night during WWII. In this retro submarine arcade game, your mission is to sink as many ships as possible within a given time duration.
Night Raider HD contains 8 different types of ship targets. These include a submerging Submarine, Cargo, Tanker, Carrier, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship and PT Boat. All warship targets are modeled after real WWII British warships, including the famed "Vosper" PT Boat. Each ship type moves at a different speed and is worth a different point value. Some ships require multiple hits to sink them. Avoid hitting floating mines, while aiming your torpedoes at the ships.
Hit the periodically appearing "Night Ghost" for a mystery score that varies with each successful hit.
Touch screen control of torpedo launches. A single touch on the screen, both aims and launches a torpedo simultaneously. Your U-Boat has 4 torpedo tubes. There is a short reload delay after every 4 shots.
Night Raider HD has a late 1970's feel blended with updated, more advanced graphics, stereo sound effects and music. Explosions resemble old electro-mechanical flashes on the screen. Stylized Orange-Yellow "Flame" color-cycling is seen when ships are hit indicating target is on fire. Ships actually sink and disappear under the surface of the ocean in a semi-realistic manner. View through periscope shows a semi-realistic, vertical movement of the ocean and sky backdrop artwork.
Lightning flashes and thunder cracks are both seen and heard during game play. Twinkling stars in the night sky and animated "ocean wave" water lines add to the visual look of this 70's inspired arcade game.
Night Raider HD is all about that classic 70's feel, with historically accurate ship profiles and a cool night attack environment.
- 8 different types of ship targets; Cargo, Tanker, Carrier, Submarine, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship and PT Boat.
- A 9th target, the "Night Ghost", intermittently appears with a variable mystery point value.
- Each ship target has a unique speed and point value, with some requiring multiple hits.
- Touch screen control of torpedo launches.
- Electro-mechanical style explosion flashes.
- Stylized "Flame" color-cycling of ships indicates target is on fire.
- Floating mines which can block your shots.
- Ships sink and disappear under the surface of the ocean in a semi-realistic manner.
- Ocean and "Wolf" sky backdrop artwork.
- Lightning flashes and thunder cracks are both seen and heard during game play.
- High Score and option settings saved locally on user's iPad.
- Options menu including 4 different extended game time score settings.
- High Quality Stereo Sound Effects and Music.
- HD 1024 x 768 graphics.
It is recommended to use a good set of headphones, to get the best audio experience out of the stereo sound effects and music.