||Own a piece of magic that transforms your iPhone into an accurate, touch-free heart rate monitor.
★Award-winning technology (Popular Science Top 10 Inventions 2011, New York Times Magazine 10th Annual "Year in Ideas") now available in the palm of your hand!★
Cardiio uses your phone’s front camera to analyze the amount of light reflected off of your face; it accurately measures your pulse without any extra hardware. Just hold your phone and look straight into the camera to get your reading, then check out the dashboard to see how it changes over time.
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick … Cardiio lets users get their money's worth from their iPhone/iPad, all while skipping fumbling around with finding your pulse on your arm or neck, or buying more gadgets." -
TechCrunch - "It actually doesn’t require any contact aside from holding the phone so that the front-facing camera captures your face."
Fast Company - "Cardiio takes today’s technology (and ideas) one step further."
Vator News - "Cardiio, a new heart rate monitoring app, is way ahead of the game."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
• Touch-free, real-time heart rate measurements
• Beautiful and easy to use interface
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Fitness level rating based on your heart rate
• Estimate your potential life expectancy
• See how your heart rate stacks up to others
MAGICAL, BUT NOT A TRICK
Cardiio’s technology is based on cutting-edge research and science conducted at the MIT Media Lab. The measurement principles are the same as clinical pulse oximeters. Every time your heart beats, more blood rushes through the vessels in your face, causing them to expand. The increase in blood volume absorbs more light, resulting in a decrease in the amount of light reflected from your face. Using sophisticated software, your iPhone's front camera can track these tiny variations in light that are invisible to the naked eye to calculate your heart rate.
Studies have shown that our heart rate measurements are within 3 bpm of a clinical pulse oximeter when performed at rest in a well-lit environment (Poh et al., Optics Express 2010, Poh et al., IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2011).
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST ACCURACY
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
• Don’t have a bright background behind you (backlight) - it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Fold one arm across your chest and rest the other arm that’s holding your phone against it to provide support and reduce motion of the phone during measurement.
• Look ahead and hold the phone in front of you instead of looking down at the phone - this allows more light to illuminate your face.
• Hold your phone steady and keep still during the measurement.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, please don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANCE OF TRACKING YOUR HEART RATE
Your resting heart rate is an important indicator of general health, fitness and longevity.
• Although increasing your heart rate during exercise is good, it is generally better and healthier to have a lower resting heart rate.
• A lower resting heart rate means that your heart is stronger and can work more efficiently.
• A slower heart rate also generally indicates aerobic fitness.
Although accurate when used properly, Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for research, informational and educational purposes only.