|Current Version||Version: 3.1|
|Author||Cascade Software Corporation|
|Description||***** Featured in iTunes "STAFF FAVORITES" section and also #1 Finance app for weeks in 2009 *****
This app gives you a snapshot of the US economy (and also for individual states) by providing the latest economic indicators and tracking the history of these indicators across the past few months, years and decades.
Featured on cover and chapter-5 of Wiley Publishing's book on Incredible iPhone Apps
Macworld review http://www.macworld.com/article/142855/2009/09/economicnewsapps.html says
"tough to do better than Cascade Software’s Economy app"
"The app is a one-stop shop for 39 of the leading indicators that economists and financial analysts love to parse"
"it’s a handy resource to have available in the palm of your hand."
1. Latest values of key US economic indicators (GDP, Employment, Housing, Manufacturing, Inflation, Trade Deficit, weekly updates of Canadian,Mexican currency exchange rates , M2 Money stock, etc.) published by the US Federal Reserve.
2. Graphs to track economic indicators across many different time ranges (e.g. 1 year, 3 years, ...,40 years etc.)
3. Graphs that track the values of economic indicators across Democratic and Republican presidencies and across Recession periods over the past several decades.
4. All indicators updated soon after the govt numbers are published. (Most indicators updated monthly, others quarterly, annually, daily or weekly)
5. Help/Descriptions for most economic indicators.
6. Twitter support to auto-generate economic tweet text (and post the tweet with the tap of a button). The app uses OAuth login for privacy and security (#cEconomy hashtag)
7. Data-value transformations (graphs can be charted on interesting y-axis transformations (e.g. continuously compounded annual rate of change, natural log etc.)
8. Five state-specific economic indicators (such as unemployment rate, GDP etc.) for each one of the 50 US states and D.C. (total of 255 state-specific indicators)
Are you curious about the economy? Gauge the current state of the US economy with the latest economic indicators, Review historical data for patterns across recessions and patterns across Republican and Democratic presidencies
Do you want to win argument s when discussing the economy or make speculative predictions about the economy based on patterns from the past?
This app will help you with all of that and more.
Complete list of 43 domestic economic indicators, 9 trade/currency indicators and 255 state indicators displayed by the app is on http://CascadeSoft.net/EconomyList.aspx.
This includes indicators in the following categories - Business(8), Commercial Credit (3), Employment(8), Federal Debt(2), Gross Domestic Product(11), Housing Sector(3), Inflation(3), Interest Rates(3), Monetary Aggregates(2), US/World:Imports and Exports (3), weekly foreign exchange rate with US$ and US imports/exports for Canada(3) and Mexico(3)
255 state-specific indicators (such as unemployment, housing, GDP etc. for each state and DC)
The app requires internet connectivity, but previously downloaded/viewed (saved) data can be viewed in offline mode without an internet connection.
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. It is not endorsed or certified by any government entity.
The Federal Reserve is a US federal government entity and it is the central banking system of the United States. FRED refers to Federal Reserve Economic Data.
Please contact us through our website (http://CascadeSoft.net) or blog for questions, comments or suggestions.