||Macworld: "First, it must be noted that Twitbit's icon is unequivocally awesome. Fortunately, the pleasant experience continues when you actually launch the app."
John Gruber of Daring Fireball: "The list of iPhone Twitter clients continues to grow. But the ante keeps getting raised... Twitbit, a nice client from High Order Bit, adds something major: push notifications."
MobileCrunch: "Twitbit is a fantastic Twitter client on the iPhone."
The iPhone Blog: "Wow are these young upstart devs and apps giving the entrenched Twitter clients a race for their functionality."
Twitbit is a beautifully designed Twitter client for iPhone and iPod Touch with built-in push notifications. Twitbit is designed to keep the simple things simple. The most important features are never more than a tap away.
Twitbit was the first full-featured Twitter iPhone app to provide full support for push notifications. You'll be sent an alert when you receive a direct messages or when you're mentioned. Twitbit also supports configuring whether alerts are received for mentions and direct messages individually, on a per-account basis. Don't want push notifications at all? Just turn them off in Settings.
If you're interested in trying before you buy, check out Twitbit Lite. A complete list of feature differences can be found at http://twitbitapp.com.
- Multiple accounts
- Browse your timeline and mentions
- Support for geotagging tweets
- Support for "new style" retweets
- View images and maps embedded in the tweet view
- A built-in conversation view
- View direct messages as threaded conversations organized by user, just like in the built-in Messages application.
- Landscape mode supported throughout the app
- View your and other people's profile
- View user's location on a map
- Browse users' followers and following list
- Start or stop following people
- Block and unblock users
- Mark tweets as favorites
- Save drafts of tweets and direct messages
- Email links to tweets, and open tweets in the built-in web browser or Safari
- Customizable re-tweet format
- Add users to your built-in contacts list
- Push notifications are insanely fast; faster than any other Twitter app
- Receive alerts for new mentions and direct messages
- Keep tabs on all of your accounts, without the hassle of constantly switching between them
- Configure whether you receive push notifications for mentions, direct messages, both, or neither. A separate configuration can be set for each account.
- Upload photos to Flickr, Yfrog, and TwitPic
- Upload videos to Flickr, Yfrog, and TwitVid (requires iPhone 3GS)
- Save web pages to Instapaper
- Shorten links with bit.ly
- View links in an embedded browser with support for landscape mode
- View photos from popular photo sharing services in an embedded photo browser, with support for landscape mode
- Email or tweet pages from within the browser
- Browse previously viewed tweets without a network connection
- Catch up on old tweets while you wait for a new set to be downloaded
- Your timeline position is saved and restored the next time you start the app
- Search Twitter to find out what everyone's saying about your favorite topics
- Save searches so you can run them again later
- Searches are saved automatically in a "recents" list, allowing you to run a previous search again even if you didn't save it.
- Search nearby
- Search for individual users
- View current, daily, and weekly trends