|Current Version||Version: 1.2.4 (iOS 4.0 Tested)|
|Author||Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd|
|Description||Dance your way across the Danube, with Lonely Planet’s Budapest Cityguide on your iPhone. This cultured, historically rich city fully justifies its nickname of ‘The Paris of Central Europe’: broad boulevards such as Andrássy út give way to elegant greenspace such as the Városliget (City Park), the culture is rich and venerable and the people dignified. And, like Paris, you’ll need help from the world’s leading guidebook publisher to really find the best it has to offer!
So what does the Budapest City Guide app have that the book doesn’t? Well, let’s say you’re tired and hungry after a morning exploring Castle Hill, and you need somewhere to kick back and hoe into a goulash. Or you’ve heard rumours of a great club kitted out like a Soviet-era canteen, but don’t know the details. Or you’re looking for the oldest of the city’s many Turkish baths to soak up some steam. What to do? Search for your ideal venue by location, category or name, and use our intelligent maps to lead you right to the door. And, of course, Lonely Planet’s famous history, language, food and arts chapters (and more) are now forever in your back pocket. Essential!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
• MORE THAN 30 CITY GUIDES AVAILABLE – including London, New York, Melbourne, Dublin, Barcelona, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Bangkok, Madrid, Prague, Seoul, Dubai, Berlin, Cape Town, Singapore and Mexico City, with more guides coming soon
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.