|Current Version||Version: 1.2.4 (iOS 4.0 Tested)|
|Author||Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd|
|Description||“...for the adventurous traveler who wants to live like a native."
-- Real Simple Magazine
Click your heels, grab your iPhone, and head for Emerald City, with Lonely Planet’s Seattle City Guide. Whatever draws you to the cultural hub of the Pacific Northwest – a pilgrimage to the birthplace of grunge; seeking like minds in this playground of left coast liberals; scouring Georgetown for the perfect brew; or perhaps catching the world-class Seattle Symphony at Benaroya Hall – you’re bound to find your heart’s desire at the end of this rainbow (if, that is, it ever stops raining!)
We’ve harnessed the power of your iPhone to take our lauded Seattle City Guide to the next dimension. Imagine you’ve spent all morning mooching around Pike Place Market, you’ve worked up an Olympian appetite, and you need to know where the best local feed can be found. Just whistle up your exact location on one of our intelligent maps, filter or search for a list of eateries within walking distance, and you’re there. Or perhaps you want to stretch your legs on a guided tour of the waterfront? Or read up on local culture, history and customs? It’s all here, and it’s all fresh!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
• MORE THAN 30 CITYGUIDES AVAILABLE – including London, New York, Melbourne, Dublin, Barcelona, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Bangkok, Madrid, Prague, Seoul, Dubai, Berlin, Cape Town, Singapore and Mexico City, with more guides coming soon
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.