|Current Version||Version: 2.0|
- Live Traffic and Text-to-Speech available now
- Free one-year real-time traffic service for a limited time (Seize the opportunity!)
- Most recent Navteq map data (Q3, 2009)
- Instantly converts iPhone’s address book contacts to routing destinations
- Music automatically resumes after navigation voice guidance.
- Can be used in the Portrait or Landscape mode
Consumer Reports (July 2009) - "G-map is a decent GPS application for the iPhone, with an easy-to-use interface, nice graphics, and many features found on PNDs, making it an adequate option."
Gizmodo(March 2009) - "It has very clear, accurate and understandable direction, sweet 3D renderings of highway interchanges, an easy-to-use UI, awesome point-of-interest functionality."
MAP DATA: NAVTEQ
WHAT IS THE G-map?
G-map is the first GPS navigation software for iPhone and iPod touch to offer turn-by-turn guidance with spoken street names (using text-to-speech technology) and real-time traffic. No wireless connection needed to get you to your destination.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR FEATURES?
- Live traffic: Displays the level of traffic on your route in different colors. Allows you to avoid traffic tie-ups by choosing alternative routes, all presented with real-time traffic information. Available in the US and Canada.
- Text-To-Speech: Speaks street names, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
- Instantly converts iPhone’s address book contacts to routing destinations.
- Music automatically resumes after navigation voice guidance
- Automatic resumption of navigation after a telephone call
- A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Routing: G-map actually learns your route preferences and applies them in future route guidance
- Point on Map: When you touch any point on the map, the G-map provides detailed location information, including street address, city, state, zip code and phone number. G-map also offers the option for a route from your current location to the point on the map you’ve selected. This is helpful when you know the vicinity of a destination, but not exact address.
- Real 3D View: G-map provides detailed, realistic 3-D renderings of major urban intersections and highway junctions for 185 metro areas, in your choice of full or half-screen configuration.
- Flexible Trip Planning: Enables user to add multiple waypoints when creating route and simulate the routing among them all. Ideal when making numerous stops during one trip.
- Suggested Keyword Search: G-map intuitively suggests search results, based on letters you enter. This saves you time when entering data and the suggested options are helpful when you are unsure of exact location names.
- Simulated Routing: G-map lets you preview your route by animating the path of the entire route of to the selected destination. This feature helps you to understand the route and select an alternative, if you prefer.
- On-board GPS navigation solution that needs no internet or Wi-Fi connection
WHAT ARE THE COVERED AREAS?
- The United States
- Puerto Rico
WHAT ARE THE OTHER FEATURES?
- Intuitive and Easy-to-Use User Interface: Functions are logical and easy to figure out; graphics are easily understood.
- Point of Interest (POI) Editing and Memo: User can personalize POIs with a title, phone number, and memo. User can include helpful notes, such as hours of operation for a destination business, etc.
- Display Favorites and Point of Interest (POI) Icons: User’s favorite destinations and POIs are visible on the “View Map” display.
- 3-Way Map view mode setting: North-up, Heading-up, and 3D view
HOW CAN I GET THE DETAILED USER GUIDE OF THE G-map?