|Current Version||Version: 4.0.2|
|Description||With Sun Alert you can calculate the maximal sun exposure time from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Whether you are at the beach, climbing mountains, skiing, walking, jogging or working outdoors you need to protect your skin from the UV radiation and thereby lower the risk of adverse health effects.
Select your skin type, the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of your sunscreen and the environment. Sun Alert will retrieve the near-real time data of the UV radiation for your location and calculate the time you can safely expose to sun. Alternatively, you can use it to select the SPF of your sunscreen to meet a desired exposure time.
For more precise calculation, use the horizontal slider to set desired start time or the vertical slider to set a UV index limit. If you are using iPhone or iPod, turn the device in landscape mode to do this.
- Get location automatically or select manually from a database with more than 192 000 populated places from 237 countries.
- Automatically retrieve the required UV radiation data
- Calculate the recommended sun exposure time or find the proper sun protection factor (SPF) for the sunscreen to use
- Safely quit and relaunch Sun Alert while timer is running
- Calculate the time taking into account the UV index change throughout the day
- Calculate the time for past or future period of day to plan outdoor activities
- Set UV Index limit to avoid dangerous UV radiation levels around noon
- Start a countdown timer with sound or alarm notifications to expose to sun or seek shade
- Embedded Help with Sun Protection recommendations
- Powerful location search when selecting location manually. Allows search by native language spelling and alternative spellings, e.g. used in non-English speaking countries or alternative transliteration. For example, Bulgaria, Sofia can be searched as Sofia, София, Sofiya, Sofya or Sofja.
Sun Alert uses KNMI/ESA UV index data provided by TEMIS website.