- Classic design
- Bright and environmentally friendly screen
- Much improved graphics performance
- 2GB of RAM, which is expandable to 4GB
- Excellent overall performance
- Some software needs tuning for new graphics chip
- No PCMCIA slot or eSATA port
- A little pricey compared with $1,999 model
At A Glance
The MacBook Pro gets a new chipset, which means processor bumps, a faster frontside bus, and more RAM capacity. However, the more significant refinements in this update are improvements to the display -- this 15-inch model's LCD is backlit by light-emitting diodes for improved battery life and less environmental impact -- and a new graphics system powered by the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT.
What makes MacBook Pro Notebook so mobile? Performance in a portable package.