|Current Version||Version: 1.3.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)|
|Description||Control a computer from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch! VNC® Viewer connects your device to a computer anywhere in the world, displays its desktop, and lets you take control. You can run applications, change settings, and access data exactly as you would be permitted to do were you sitting in front of it, and using the keyboard and mouse.
VNC Viewer is from RealVNC, the inventors of VNC. It can connect to any Mac OS X computer, and to any Windows, Linux, or UNIX computer running VNC-compatible Server technology. RealVNC recommends VNC Enterprise Edition for robust, secure, and high-performance connections, and for its unrivalled flexibility. For more information, see www.realvnc.com.
1. Download VNC Viewer from the App Store.
2. If the computer you want to control is running Mac OS X 10.4 or later, enable Apple Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing/Remote Management (see below for more information). If not, install and start a VNC-compatible Server.
3. If you are connecting over the Internet (for example, via 3G), configure firewalls and routers protecting the computer to allow and forward network communications to it. Start with www.realvnc.com/products/iphone/1.3 for more information. If you are connecting over a Wi-Fi-enabled private network such as a LAN or VPN, you should be able to connect without further configuration.
4. Find out the network address of the computer. If you are connecting over the Internet, this will probably be that of a router. You will also need a port number if the VNC-compatible Server is listening on a port other than the default for VNC, 5900 (this does not apply to Apple Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing/Remote Management).
5. Start VNC Viewer, identify the computer you want to control, and connect!
* New in version 1.3: Support for Bonjour, making it simple to locate and connect to compatible computers.
* Interact with your computer as though sitting in front of it.
* Give connections user-friendly names, and see desktop previews.
* Pinch to zoom in to a specific area, or out to see the whole picture.
* Easy navigation, scrolling, dragging, and selection using standard touch, tap, and drag gestures.
* Mouse button mode for precise control over mouse button and scrolling operations.
* Easy text entry using on-screen keyboard with preview.
* Important non-character keyboard keys (function, modifier, and so on) available on a scrolling key bar.
* Transfer text between applications on your computer and device.
* Automatic performance optimization.
* Support for screen resolutions up to 5120 by 2400 pixels (though the actual resolution is limited only by the memory of your device).
Users connecting to VNC Enterprise Edition also enjoy the following significant benefits:
* Connections encrypted by industry-standard 128 bit AES technology.
* Authentication credentials protected by 2048 bit RSA public keys.
* Platform-native authentication in order to connect using computer log on credentials.
* Enhanced performance.
* Support for non-US keyboards.
VNC Enterprise Edition is available for a wide range of Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and UNIX computer operating systems. For more information, visit www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise.
VNC Viewer can connect securely to:
* VNC Enterprise Edition (version 4.x).
* VNC Personal Edition (version 4.x).
VNC Viewer can also connect to:
* VNC Free Edition (version 4.1).
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later with built-in Apple Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing/Remote Management enabled. To do this, turn on the 'VNC viewers may control screen with password' option, and set a pass
- OS X
- Business Software
- Utility Software
- Social networking
- Entertainment Software
- Operating Systems
- OS & System Enhancement
- Books Software
- Education Software
- Graphics & Design Software
- Health & Fitness Software
- Medical Software
- Lifestyle Software
- GPS & Navigation
- News Software
- Video Software
- Web & communication