- Costs $500 less than the lowest-level dual Power Mac
- Includes most of the same advanced technologies as the more expensive models
- Inadequate RAM and smallish hard drive
- 4GB maximum memory
- PCI rather than PCI-X slots
- Much slower than other Power Macs
At A Glance
This Power Mac G5 has only a single 1.8GHz processor and was added below the existing Power Mac G5 line introduced in June 2004 to provide a more affordable Power Mac option. It differs from the previously offered 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 in that it offers only a 600MHz front side bus.