- Thin, rounded design
- Ecologically conscious
- Retains FireWire port
- Great new keyboard
- Easier to service and upgrade
- Gorgeous, bright, glossy screen
- Large trackpad with numerous multi-touch gesture choices
- Disappointing battery life compared to the last model
- No choice of screen finishes
- Trackpad button can be hard to press
- Some multi-touch gestures more difficult to maneuver than others
At A Glance
While it appears to be identical to its predecessor at first glance, this MacBook Pro has been remodeled both inside and out. It sports a new unibody architecture similar to the MacBook and MacBook Air enclosures. The matte screen option is gone, replaced by a glossy 15-inch screen. The latest MacBook Pro also employs Nvidia's Hybrid SLI technology, a pairing of two graphics chips-one integrated in the motherboard (GeForce 9400M) and the other discrete (GeForce 9600M GT). This model features a slightly faster processor--2.53GHz vs. 2.5GHz--than its predecessor at the same price.
The latest Intel processor, a bigger hard drive, plenty of memory, and even more new features all fit inside just one liberating inch. The new MacBook Pro Notebook has the performance, power, and connectivity of a desktop computer, Without the desk part.