|Current Version||Version: 2.12|
|Description||Track your location using iPhone, take the photos using your regular camera and then put it together - geotag your photos! After that view your pictures on your desktop computer using Places feature of iPhoto, Aperture, Picasa or any other application with places support.
● Now you can try lite version for FREE - look for Geotag Photos Lite
● See application video at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
● Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog
● runs on background (multitasking in iPhone OS4). Thanks to our optimalization doesn't drain battery too much!
● adds GPS location metadata to your photos taken by any camera
● iPhone application - tracking of your position, multiple logging modes, working in sleep mode, displays logged track on map
● Export to GPX standard format
● Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quick and easily!
● works perfectly on any operating system - Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux
● required iPhone device with GPS (iPhone 3G and later or iPad 3G, not for iPad Wifi or iPod)
● supported image formats: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This iPhone app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs your every change and is best if you need most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your iPhone battery. Our iPhone app can run perfectly in sleep mode.
When you return from your trip, you can synchronize logged data with our desktop application and geotag photos taken by your camera. We support both amateur cameras (compact) and professional ones (DSLR). We also supports geotagging of various RAW formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to well know and widely used GPX format.
few ideas how to use Geotagged photos:
- use Places function of modern viewing applications (iPhoto, Aperture, Picasa) to see your photos on map
- find your photos by place (for example find quickly all photos from New Your in your Photo library)
- upload Geotagged photos to social sites (flickr or so)
Let us know what you would like to see on the next version – we’ll be happy to look for ways to implement it for you!
Visit our website for more information! Visit our blog at www.geotagphotos.net/blog for news.
- iPhone with GPS chip (3G, 3GS or 4G)
- operating system with Java 1.6 installed (it is already installed on Mac OS X 10.6, free for download for Windows / Linux)
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. But thanks to our optimalization, it is not so bad :-)
Note2: When you move for half of earth (by plane usually) and then you want to use Geotag Photos with data roaming off, it can take some time to get position first time. This is normal and same for all iPhone apps. Then when you get this first position, next ones will work quickly. Best way to handle this is to start Maps application and wait for detection of first position.
- OS X
- Business Software
- Utility Software
- Social Media
- Entertainment Software
- Operating Systems
- OS and System Enhancement
- Books Software
- Education Software
- Graphics and Design Software
- Health and Fitness Software
- Medical Software
- Lifestyle Software
- GPS and Navigation
- News Software
- Web and Communications