|Author||Red Sweater Software|
|File Size||6182319.0 MB|
MarsEdit is the #1 desktop blog editor for the Mac.
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 "Lion".
Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
Browser-based interfaces are slow, clumsy, and require you to be connected to the internet just to use them. Browsers are perfect for reading web content, but not so great for creating it.
If you're serious about your blog, you need a desktop blog editor. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor.
- Great tool for working ahead.
- Lets you easily write, produce, and save several individual blog posts.
- Lets you schedule when posts will go live.
- Integrates with iPhoto, Lightroom, and Aperture photo libraries.
- The app's built-in documentation is negligible.
- The best means of finding support comes from hitting the online forums, which will not help when working offline.
- It's difficult to configure some blogs, depending on how they're hosted.